We’re here to debunk those myths and share the truth about how awesome window blinds can be in your home.
- The first myth is that blinds destroy any hope of a good view. The truth is that quality blinds will not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of your room, but they will also provide a great view. Hunter Douglas horizontal blinds have a choice of slat size, and larger slats will equal more view-through. Their Modern Precious Metals line also offers MagnaView, which creates twice the view-through of traditional aluminum blinds. Another advantage to blinds is the ability to have both light, and privacy at the same time. Simply tilt the slats to let in light but keep out the gazes of any nosy neighbors.
- Another mistruth about blinds is how difficult they are to clean. Given the number of slats, that’s an understandable misconception, but the reality is that most blinds are very easy to clean and maintain. You can clean faux wood or aluminum blinds with a feather duster or place a clean sock on your hand and run it along the slats. You can use a conditioning oil on natural wood, but take care not to use too much and cause moisture damage. Always start cleaning from the top and work your way down, so you don’t have to clean the same spot more than once.
- Blinds are also believed to lack durability and break easily. Of course, the durability of any material depends, in part, on the usage. Hunter Douglas offers a lifetime guarantee on their products, because they are made to last. With proper care, Hunter Douglas window blinds will stay looking great for years to come. Aluminum blinds are exceptionally long-lasting in high-traffic areas, or rooms used by children. PowerView® Automation can extend the life of your blinds by preventing any pulling and tugging on cords, or lifting and raising by hand.
- Many people avoid purchasing blinds because of a belief that blinds are unsafe in homes with young children or pets. It’s true that cords can pose a safety hazard to pets and children, but Hunter Douglas offers many safe options, including continuous cord loop, cord lock, and cordless choices.
- Another myth is that high-quality blinds are very expensive. There are blinds for nearly every price point, especially if you can be flexible with what material you use. Custom blinds will cost you more up front but maintain their appearance and last much longer than premade blinds from a big box retailer. A final note is that blinds also provide some insulation, so you will save money on your heating and cooling costs.
- Lastly, some people think there are not enough customizable options available, so they won’t find blinds to match their decor. This couldn’t be further from the truth! Today’s blinds come in hundreds of textures, finishes, and colors. You can choose aluminum blinds with a matte, metallic, or pearlescent hue to match decor in any room. Wood and faux wood are available in solid colors and a wide variety of stain finishes.
Now that we’ve told you all the merits of window blinds, we invite you to contact us now to schedule a consultation We have been serving our community for more than 20 years, and look forward to working with you next. We are located in Albuquerque, NM and provide service to Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe, NM.